Wednesday 21 December 2011

2011 What A Year For Prog!

I can't remember a year in which I've enjoyed purchasing and listening to music, as much as this one. The list is almost endless, in the outstanding releases that have graced the ears of this 'prog lover', this year.

I'll publish my top 10, before the year is out, but just a cursory scan of my cd shelf, reveals the staggering quality of music, put out this year.

Airbag, White Willow, Wobbler, Steven Wilson, Iona, Haken, Subsignal, Gazpacho, Hostsonaten, My Brother The Wind, Beardfish, Magic Pie, Steve Hackett, Greylevel, The Winter Tree, Guy Manning, Sean Filkins, The Psychedelic Ensemble, Leprous, Memories Of Machines, Introitus, Gosta Berlings Saga, Knight Area, Agents Of Mercy, Frequency Drift....and on and on it goes.

And some newcomers worth noting include, Joseph Magazine, Delusion Squared and Inner Road immediately come to mind.

These are just a few! I've ordered and listened to over 80 new releases this year and can honestly say that, 75 are real good and out of those 75, 25 are outstanding and seriously vied for top 10 status. I have others to order, which sadly, won't reach my ears before the end of the year, but as 2012 cannot - in my opinion - reach the heights of 2011 ( unless of course, Anekdoten were to release some new music ), perhaps we can revisit 2011 over and over again.

Stay tuned for the first annual 'ProgMan' Top 10.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment